- Presidency and EU
Arrival by air
Riga International Airport (RIX) is located just 10 km from the city centre and is easily accessible by public transport or taxi. It offers routes to 83 destinations, including most European capitals and transfer hubs. Getting to the city centre from the airport takes ~25-30 minutes.
Riga International Airport
RIGA Airport 10/1
Riga, LV-1053, Latvia
Airport inquiries service: +371 29311817
From the airport to the city
- Taxi services are available at Riga airport 24 hours a day and are located outside the arrivals area. The average fare from the airport to the city centre (Old Town) is € 15-20. The fare depends on both distance and time. Green BalticTaxi and red Riga Cab taxi services are available and recommended.
- Airport Express hotel shuttle operated by AirBaltic (green minibuses). This runs every 30 minutes and picks up passengers near the exit of the Schengen arrivals hall (Arrival E). It costs € 4.99 (cash only) for a one-way journey and takes passengers to the following hotels: Islande Hotel, Maritim Park Hotel, Opera Hotel, Tallink Hotel, Radisson Blu Latvija, Albert Hotel, Monika Centrum Hotel.
- Public transport bus No 22 and minibus No 222 connect the airport with the city centre. The bus stop is located behind car park P1 opposite Arrival E. The services operates up to every 15 minutes from Mondays to Fridays and up to every 20 minutes on Saturdays and Sundays. It can take up to 30 minutes to reach the centre. For fares, see the Transportation around Riga section. Schedule for the bus No 22 and shedule for the minibus No 222.
Transportation around Riga
Riga has a frequent and extensive public transport network of buses, minibuses, trams and trolleybuses which run around the Old Town and across the bridge, with a stop close to the main venue - National Library of Latvia.
- How much?
Single journey tickets can be bought from the driver and cost € 2.00 (cash only).
It is also possible to buy a transport card (e-talons) with number of journeys and time limit. 1 of more journeys - € 1.15 each; 24 hours - € 5.00; 3 days - € 10.00; 5 days - € 15.00
- Where to buy? The tickets can be bought at Narvesen kiosks (mini-shops) or from vending machines at a number of public transport stops, including at the airport.
- What to do? Ticket must be validated each time you board a vehicle.
For more information about public transport in Riga, please visit the web site of transport provider "Rigas Satiksme"
Presidency venues and hotels
- Information and Helpdesk “Welcome to Riga” is located in the meeting area of Arrival E in the Riga International Airport;
- Riga`s Visitor`s guide for Latvian Presidency (hard copies will be available at the accreditation desk or/and at the event venues)